After dominating early and holding on late to win Game 1, I was curious who was going to show up for the Dodgers in Game 2. Robbie Ray had dominated the Dodgers during the regular season. The stigma of being spanked by the Diamondbacks in September was still on my mind.
- Rich Hill is schizophrenic. You can tell what kind of Rich Hill start you are going to get by the end of the first inning. He gave up a two-run homerun two walks and struck out two. It was going to be a tightrope kind of game.
- J.D. Martinez had a pop-up that floated to the warning track. This guy has ridiculous power.
- The Dodger defense is the anchor of the team. They had to beat some rust off in Game 1. Seager and Bellinger made eye-opening plays that saved some innings for the win.
- While he was not giving up any hits early, Robbie Ray was walking a lot of batters. He was walking enough batters for the Dodgers to threaten to score without a hit.
- Home plate umpire, Phil Kuzzi, had one of the most inconsistent strike zones I have ever seen in the playoffs. I guess umpires get nervous too.
- The Dodgers’ 4th inning breakthrough was power by Logan Forsythe, Yasiel Puig and Chris Taylor. Puig is looking like the player everyone believed he could be.
- Curtis Granderson getting a pinch hit single is hopefully a sign of good things to come. At the end of Game 1, I was ready to bench him.
- Logan Forsythe is making Andrew Friedman look like a genius this postseason. most Dodgers fans felt like Forsythe was a Plan B to acquiring Brian Dozier from the Twins (Dozier hit a homerun in the wild card game). However Forsythe had three hits in Game 2 and is playing his best ball at the right time of the year.
- The matchup of Yasiel Puig against Archie Bradley was worth the price of admission. Puig is taking over the series and did not disappoint. I hate Bradley’s beard. He could have a few animals living in there.
- Kenley Jansen is the best closer in baseball with his 5-out save.
Pingback: 10 Thoughts on NLCS Game 2 – Chicago Cubs v. Los Angeles Dodgers – 1A Sports Blog