Episode 11 features Two Minute Rants where Langston Aron rants about the Raiders defense and Craig Aron rants about the feeling sorry for the NY Giants. Then the boys wrap-up Week 5 of the NFL and preview Thursday Night Football. Finally they close the podcast out with a preview of the NBA season by talking about trades and going through the ESPN Top 100 players list and the new All-Star Game format.
- Aaron Rodgers beats the Cowboys again.
- The Giants are done. They are 0-5. They have no receivers. OBJ is done for the rest of the season. They play Denver this week and Seattle next week. They are looking at at least 0-7. They should tank for Sam Darnold.
- The Raiders are in a tailspin. They have no Derrek Carr. Marshawn Lynch is not what he was billed to be. The defense is worse than anyone expected. They have lost three in a row and they made Baltimore look like the best offense in the NFL.
- Ben Rothlesberger threw five interceptions including two pick-sixes. Pittsburgh has the talent to turn things around. I just don’t know if they have discipline and mental toughness to play ball.
- Super Cam Newton is back. For the second week in a row, Cam was the best player on the field. If he keeps this up, Carolina is very dangerous.
- The Chiefs are going to challenge for 16-0 as long as everyone stays healthy. No one can stop their offense and their defense is above average. Alex Smith is playing like an MVP and Kareem Hunt is leading the league in rushing by a 143 yards.
- DeShaun Watson threw five touchdowns. He continues to rise to the occasion. While the Texans did not beat the Chiefs, they put up a big fight and showed they can play with the best team in the NFL.
- Mike Pence’s political stunt ruined Peyton Manning’s statue ceremony in Indianapolis. I hope Trump’s golf-buddy gives him an ear-full.
- The Rams are not legit yet. They had a chance against the Seahawks; but they had five turnovers and didn’t look like the league’s best offense.
- The Buccaneers should have beaten the Patriots if they had a mediocre kicker. Doug Martin’s return makes them a legit team. The Buccaneers defensive line put a beating on Tom Brady.
In Episode 10, Langston Aron rants about LaMelo Ball being homeschooled and Craig Aron rants about the Raiders failed fake punt that may have cost them the game. Then the boys wrap Week 4 in the NFL and preview Thursday’s game between the Patriots and the Buccaneers.
I felt like I went into Week 4 trying to figure the league out. Week 4 games did not help me out at all. There were some games I was really looking forward to and there were some serious yawnfests.
- The Texans destroyed the Titans. DeShaun Watson is truth and the Texans defense showed up in a big way.
- The Bills are 3-1 after surviving a game against the Falcons. The Falcons were without Julio Jones and Mohammed Sanu; but after trading away some quality players, I would not have thought the Falcons would have needed those guys to beat the Bills. Both teams are now 3-1 and I am surprised. The Bills are not supposed to be 3-1 and leading the AFC East. The Falcons should be 1-3 after barely winning two other games.
- The Jets have a two game winning streak beating the Jaguars. If they keep this up, they will have no chance of getting the #1 pick in the NFL Draft.
- The Patriots’ offense was supposed to be the legendary and possibly go undefeated. That changed quickly when they lost to the Chiefs in Week 1; but I never doubted they were not going to win their division. However their defense is legendarily bad and they are in danger of not winning the AFC East. 2015 Cam Newton showed up at Gillette Stadium and led his team to a victory.
- Matthew Stafford keeps winning beating the Vikings 14-7. The Lions are half a yard from being 4-0. Dalvin Cook tearing his ACL is heartbreaking. He was putting up Offensive Rookie of the Year kind of numbers behind Kareem Hunt. The Vikings feel snake bit. They lose Teddy Bridgewater last year and now Cook. It’s a good thing they have a really good defense.
- The Raiders defense showed up in Denver and kept the game close while losing 17-10. They lost Derrek Carr. They may still pulled the game out if the Raiders had not attempted a fake punt on their on 25 yard line. Marquette King is so athletic that I don’t think the Raiders will fool many people anymore.
- The Seahawks dominated the Colts but it was still surprising when they put up 46 points.
- Eli Manning had a rushing touchdown; but the Giants are 0-4 and have a better shot at the #1 pick than the Jets.
- Larry Fitzgerald did Larry Fitzgerald things making the game winning catch against the Niners.
- I put a small wager on Monday Night’s game of the Washington Native Americans visiting the Kansas City Chiefs. I took the Native Americans +7 and I took the under at 48 points. I was feeling really good when Kansas City clenched the game with 8 seconds left and the score was 23-20; then this happened. I knew I mentioned that the Vikings are snake bit. I may fall into that category as well.
Langston Aron and Craig Aron break down Week 2 fantasy and NFL results for Week 2. They also bring back the Two Minute Rant. Craig Aron used the Two Minute Rant to do a victory lap for his teams. Langston Aron ranted about the Big Baller Brand.
I had a hard time picking this game. Both teams are up and coming. Tennessee just barely missed the playoffs last year. Oakland surprised everyone by winning twelve games last year. It would be very easy for both teams to take a step back.
- Raiders offense looks really good. The additions of Marshawn Lynch and Jarrod Cook only makes them look more dangerous.
- Raiders secondary still looked shaky. It was their Achilles heel last season and I am not certain they have improved.
- Marshawn Lynch looked good. He was quick and strong and making great cuts. The Raiders just have to keep him healthy and fresh for the entire season.
- Adoree Jackson (a favorite of the 1A Sports Blog) is going to be a formidable corner and kick returner for the Titans.
- The Raiders made an effort to get the ball to Amari Cooper. He rewarded them with a hard-fought touchdown. He also dropped a bunch of passes.
- Marcus Marriotta is a legit NFL quarterback. He made some great throws and he ran for a touchdown.
- For the first time since 2001, the Raiders do not have Sebastian Janikowski on the roster. They put him on IR Sunday morning.
- There was a 2:1 ratio of touches for Demarco Murray and Derrick Henry. I guess Murray is the premier back for now.
- Delanie Walker should be in the Top 5 tight end discussion. His seven catches for seventy-six yards lead the Titans receivers.
- Rashard Matthews is Marriotta’s go to guy with five catches for seventy-one yeards.